[rt-users] Approval questions/bugs

Brandon Pulsipher brandonp at omniture.com
Fri Apr 29 18:18:10 EDT 2005

We are testing the approval mechanism in RT and I have come across some
questions.  We are using v3.4.1.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  The
Wiki and searching the mailing list got us most of the way there.

I have a few questions:

. Is there any way to put a link in the approval email, so the approver
can just click the link, authenticate, and be done.

. Any way to approve by email?  I realize this may not be quite as
secure, but we'd be interested in trying it.

. Is there any way to hide my PO-Approvals queue from showing up on the
main RT page?  Since nobody every sees the tickets in it, I'd just
assume hide it somehow.

. The email that goes out to approvers goes from 'The RT System itself
via RT'.  I cannot find anywhere to change that.

. How can I change the auto reply template for just this queue, so the
requestor knows their ticket is awaiting approval?  I can change the
global template, but how do I overwrite that for this queue?

. BUGS:  There seems to be a few bugs in the approval stuff.  First, the
'Approval Passed' template has the wording 'Ticket Rejected'.  Second,
when I look at a ticket pending approval, the link for 'Depends on'
doesn't work.  It is missing a / between the hostname and the URL, so I
get a URL like:
	http://rthostTickets/Display.html?id=123
This was fixed by adding a trailing slash to the base URL in the
SiteConfig file, but it says that shouldn't be necessary.  If these
aren't real bugs, sorry, but they seemed to be so.

. SUGGESTIONS:  The button to approve emails on the approvals page is
named 'Show Approvals'.  Rename the button to something like 'Update
Approvals'.  Another suggestion would to have a way to approve a ticket,
right on the ticket details page.  It's someone inconvenient to have to
go to the approvals section.

Thank you!

-Brandon