[rt-users] standalone_httpd

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 2 11:20:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 10:12, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:53:56AM -0400, Rich West wrote:
> > Since the "standalone_httpd" application just popped up with the latest
> > RT install (3.4.2), I was wondering.. can this be safely run as the
> > "apache" or "rt" user as opposed to running it as root?
>
> It can run as anybody who can get at RT's config files and bind to the
> port you want to run it on. Do note that it's been there since...RT 3.2?
> Quite a while.

Is this efficient enough to use as the standard way of running RT?  It
might eliminate a lot of installation problems and if you wanted it
as a virtual host you could easily run on an odd port number and play
some tricks with Apache's ProxyPass or RewriteRules to hide the fact
that it isn't the same web server.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com