[rt-users] RT 3.4.2 custom fields defaulting to value '1'

Jason Parsons jparsons-lists at saffron.net
Tue Aug 2 15:07:51 EDT 2005

After upgrading RT from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2, I'm finding that "enter one
value" and "select one value" custom fields are defaulting to a value
of '1' (instead of empty).  For example, I have a "select one value"
transaction custom-field called 'severity', with values: 'normal',
'urgent', or '(no value)'.  When '(no value)' is selected, and the
transaction is saved, the transaction displays with a severity of
'1' (which is obviously bogus).

If the field is actually set (eg, I choose 'normal'), then it works
properly -- there seems to only be a problem when the field is not set.

Has anyone else observed this issue?

Thank you.
  - Jason Parsons