[rt-users] Creating Subclasses in RTFM

Scott Frisbie scottf at eacceleration.com
Tue Aug 2 19:19:10 EDT 2005

Has anyone come up with a way to make subclasses for articles within
RTFM? Our number of articles is quickly becoming unwieldy and we would
like to have classes and subclasses to make the articles a little easier
to find. For example: a Class of  'Employees' with subclasses of
'legal', 'system setup', etc.. Right now there is only the custom field
option, but it would be nice to be able to look for an article by
clicking on the class and then having the subclasses appear underneath,
much like the menu items in the left side navigation bar. I haven't come
across anything so far in any of the docs or mailing list archives, but
maybe I just haven't found it yet. It looks like a little modification
to the FM_Classes table is in order, as well as changes to the Overlays
in  /opt/rt3/lib/RT/FM . Before I put a whole lot of time into this
( I'm not a real whiz at perl ), I was wondering if anyone else had come
up with anything along these lines so as not to reinvent the wheel.
TIA

--
Thanks!
Scott Frisbie (Friz) 8^)

--
You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander.
I'm here to put you back on schedule.