[rt-users] create default root user - oracle backend

Erwin Pasia erwinpasia at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 06:04:20 EDT 2005

Hi Joe,

Im having same problem with Oracle, were you able to make a workaround. Would appreciate your guidance. Btw, below is the setting under my RT_SiteConfig.pm. Thanks.

Set($DatabaseType , 'Oracle');
Set($DatabaseHost   , 'localhost');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , 'localhost');
Set($DatabasePort , '1521');
Set($DatabaseUser , 'test2');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'tyson1');
Set($DatabaseName , 'host=localhost; sid=RTDV2');
$ENV{TWO_TASK}="LIVE";

I've installed RT 3.4.2, ran make initialize-database
but it doesn't seem to be creating the 'root' user.
It does create the tables though.  My backend db is
Oracle.  I tried inserting a user into the USERS table
via sqlplus but still no luck. I used the drop.Oracle
script to remove the Oracle db but there were some
errors, then I tried make initialize-database again
and it creates the tables again, but I also see this:

CREATE SEQUENCE OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDS_seq
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
(DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char
18 in '

Thoughts?

How can I manually create a user (if necessary)?

thanks,

joe