[rt-users] Blank Ticket Emails

Quentin Garnier cube at cubidou.net
Thu Aug 4 08:47:10 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:36:35PM +0100, Toby Darling wrote:

> >>When certain users create tickets by emailing RT, the auto generated
> >>ticket-open scrip (that goes to the AdminCCs) is blank (The
> >>Transaction Has No Content), however you can see the content when
> >>viewing the ticket via the WebUI.
>
> I've seen this too, and it's even in BP's RT -
> http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=5351

In our installation, it happens when the two following conditions are
met:

 - the initial mail has a multipart/alternative section (i.e., the text
   is available in both evil HTML and plain text)
 - there is an attachment (i.e., a third MIME part)

When the second condition is not met, the reply includes text from both
the multipart/altervative parts, thus duplicating the initial mail.

In order to fix that, one should teach RT and MIME::Tools what to do
with multipart/alternative mails.  It's not enough of a problem for me
to care about looking into that, though.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube at cubidou.net - cube at NetBSD.org