[rt-users] Auto create users documentation

Kevin Sonney KevinSonney at zumiez.com
Fri Aug 5 14:31:43 EDT 2005

Brian,

Change Priviledge => 1

Thanks,

Kevin

________________________________

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Bryant
Taylor
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 10:42 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Auto create users documentation

HI All,

I am using the most current version of rt 3.4 on centos 4. Everything is
working great, but now I need figure out how to get new users created
via email with a password assigned to their logon ID which I believe is
just the from: email address.

I have been all over the rt-users mailing list and haven't found any
useful info.. Other than trying to edit rt3/RT/Interface/Email.pm.

Here is what I have currently.

sub CreateUser {
    my ($Username, $Address, $Name, $ErrorsTo, $entity) = @_;
    my $NewUser = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);

    my ($Val, $Message) =
      $NewUser->Create(Name => ($Username || $Address),
                       EmailAddress => $Address,
                       RealName => $Name,
                       Password => $Address,  ( this is what I added).
                       Privileged => 0,
                       Comments => 'Autocreated on ticket submission'

After sending an email from a test account, a ticket is created, and
auto-response is sent, but when I try to logon with that newly created
account, I can't.

I looked into the privlidged users area in RT but really haven't found
out where or why this isn't working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Bryant