[rt-users] How to validate custom filed in RT 3.4.2

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Tue Aug 9 09:59:17 EDT 2005

Entry validation on custom fields is one of the new features that
Jesse's announced for 3.5.x.

I think you might be able to get at least part way there using some
scrip programming (you can at least eliminate values -- or replace them
with defaults -- when they don't match whatever validation logic you'd
like to apply).  In the current releases, though, I don't know of a way
short of overriding some of the RT code itself for you to prevent a
ticket from being created until everything's correct.

--
Mark Roedel
Web Programmer / Analyst