[rt-users] make install problem

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Wed Aug 10 10:27:03 EDT 2005

Tomas Doyle XA (DL/LMI) wrote:

>Hi again
>
>the ./configure
>
>should i use
>
>./configure --with-web-user=apache --with-web-group=apache --with-rt-user=apache --with-rt-group=apache
>--prefix=/usr/local/rt3 --with-db-rt-pass=password

You can use this if you want to.  --prefix is only used if you don't
want it installed in /opt/rt3.  It seems like that is where you want it,
so maybe you should drop that.  Also, you need to make sure that apache
is the user your web server runs under before you leave the directives.
I usually create an rt group to avoid havign to remember to specify
--with-rt-user and --with-rt-group.

I would leave /opt so that you don't have to expect the installer to
create that directory too.  Plus there may be other directories in /opt.