[rt-users] RT2 from BSD to Linux

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Aug 11 10:39:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 08:49, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 23:34 +0100, Raed El - Hames wrote:
> > I don't mean this in a bad way but from experience I would recommend
> > spending 2-3 months upgrading to rt3-4 and
>
>   upgrading to rt3-4 is good advice, but to say moving to Linux will
>   makes none.  I run rt on FreeBSD without any problems.  If the OP
>   has customization for rt2 and they want this customization for rt3
>   then they will need to add it no matter what the OS.

I think the relevant point is that he needs a downrev version
of perl and associated modules and the OS is only slightly
related to the issue.  Unless you are already tied to a particular
OS distribution, I'd try Centos3, which like the RHEL3 version
is a couple of years old but still receiving security and bugfix
updates.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com