[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.2.3 to 3.4.2 port on FreeBSD 5.4 Release

Jamin Cleveland jamin at skyriver.net
Sat Aug 13 16:01:26 EDT 2005

All,

I am having issues upgrading from the rt32 port to the rt34 port on my
FreeBSD box.

A clean install of either version works fine.  However, when I try to invoke
the UPGRADE_RT32 option either during or post install the scripts throw a
bunch of errors (possibly expected behavior?  I'll post the errors if you
wish).

Then when I login to the new RT 3.4.2 GUI, everything appears to work fine
_except_ the Custom Fields (the main feature for which I am doing the
upgrade).  I cannot create new custom fields (just get an "unable to create"
error in the gui), and the custom fields I did have in 3.2.3, both global
and queue specific, are now gone.

Anyone experience this issue yet?

--
Jamin Cleveland