[rt-users] Custom field display

Stewart Tranter S.G.Tranter at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Aug 16 06:45:53 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to set up RT to be used in a way where there are different
ticket types.  I have decided to do this by having a different button
for each ticket type in the "RT at a glance page".  When this button is
clicked, it passes a parameter to Create.html page.

What I want to do is then suppress the regular way in which RT displays
this specific custom field and hard code its display at the top of the
"New ticket" page.

Here's what I've done so far:

-  First of all I created a custom field called Ticket Type.
-  Then I looked in the output HTML to see how RT displayed this field.
-  I then took the HTML and placed it in Create.html where I wanted
using the name provided by RT, which in this case was
"Object-RT::Ticket--CustomField-1-Values".  I also took the associated
hidden field.
-  I changed the custom field widget type from a list box to a drop-down
list box with only one item (the value passed from "RT at a glance")
which was selected.  I also disabled the drop-down list box.
-  I then edited /opt/rt3/local/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomFields so
it did not display the specific custom field - basically saying if name
doesn't equals "Case Type" then display the custom fields.  This worked
fine.

However, when the ticket is created, and the resulting ticket is
displayed, the Case Type custom field has "no value".  Can anyone think
what is going wrong?  Is there a better way to approach this?

Thanks in advance,

Stewart
Stewart Tranter
Computing Services