[rt-users] Form submission

Scott Sherrill scott at remc1.org
Tue Aug 16 11:45:51 EDT 2005

rdh at stealthllama.org wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>I'm relatively new to RT, so I'm still exploring it a bit and tailoring
>it to my work environment.  One of the integration challenges I'm facing
>is how to create web forms for ticket submission.  Is there a way I can
>have a form kick out an email to RT with the actual Requestor mapped out
>appropriately?  I wouldn't want to the owner of tickets submitted
>through the web to have a Request of the www at servername.org.
>
>Is this best done via a direct CGI connections to the database or is
>there a way to product a formatted email that will map the fields out
>properly?

Bob -

We solved this problem with a little php script I wrote.   The user
receives text boxes to fill in their email addy, location, problem etc.
The script then mails it to our support system, but the return address
is the email addy the user filled in.  The request enters the queue
looking like the user submitted it instead of www at servername.org.  We
also include the requesting IP addy just to track where the request
really came from.

It works, but does rely on the user typing in their right email
address.  The script needs php and the mail.php library.  You are
welcome to it if you'd like (attached).  It could at least be a starting
point.....

Scott