[rt-users] rt2 to rt3 dumpfile import problem--please help.

Tim Suter tsuter at cait.org
Tue Aug 16 14:01:02 EDT 2005

OK.  I have a problem now with the importation of the rt2 db using the
rt2-to-rt3-1.23.tar.gz.  rt2-to-dump ran fine.  However, when importing
into the  remote mysql using dumpfile-to-rt3, it started to go.  Then
the characters were in chinese or something and it did bring me to a
prompt of some sort but it wrecked my terminal session and I really
couldn't tell what happened.  I had the characters go different on me
one other time, and it imported all the data successfully from the RT2
in the RT3 install but that was to the localhost mysql i was using for
testing.

This time, the characters went different, but nothing appears to have
imported?  Is it there?  Or not?  I can't tell.  Is there something else
I can do to import the data differently using dumpfile-to-rt3 so I can
see what is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Tim