[rt-users] RSS Feed

Sean something at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:13:01 EDT 2005

I read previous posts on how to show RT feeds in an RSS reader.

1. Tried about 5 RSS readers, none worked (including Live Bookmark in Firefox)

2. Tried several ways to insert HTTP Auth info in the URL
- account:pass at www.rt.company.com/blah
- account:pass%40www.rt.company.com/blah
- www.rt.company.com/blah&username=account&password=pass
None worked.
Actually even pasting such URLs in the browser doesn't show anything
but login screen, which means such auth methods don't work at all.
(Above "URLs" are simplified and just show how I pass
username/password to RT, real URLs are quite long)
I tried pasting the URL in Firefox, MSIE, lynx and using wget (needs
escape char before the brackets in the link, but still cannot download
the RDF file), didn't work.

3. Tried downloading the RSS file from the browser GUI and saving it
to a disk - the feed looks OK in text editor.

Is it only me? Any ideas?