[rt-users] Can one assign task owners within email request?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sun Aug 21 18:48:07 EDT 2005

At 7/28/2005 08:25 AM, Drew Barnes wrote:
>Matt England wrote:
>>Does RT provide a means for a requester to assign an owner (assuming said
>>requester has privileges to do so) of the task being requested in the
>>email itself?
>Wiki, wiki, wiki.
>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SetTicketPropertiesViaMail

Ok, thanks for the reference.  I'm trying to get a few more details per
this wiki page:

Per the attached screen shot (in hopes that this email list accepts
attachments), what am I supposed to set Condition, Action, Template, and
Stage fields (and any other fields for that matter) to get this mechanism
(setting the Owner via the inbound email upon task creation) to
work?  Could these settings be the reason for my failures?  Maybe something
else?  Is there something I'm missing?  This wiki page doesn't appear to
address my level of newbie-admin capabilities.

So far my attempts have not worked; the owner of a created task via email
does not get set when I put a "Set-Owner: MattEngland" string at the
beginning of my inbound email.

-Matt