[rt-users] Patch for SearchBuilder (1.31) and Oracle using Content searches

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Mon Aug 22 09:57:24 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I finally got around cleaning up my patch for Oracle which allows fast
ticket content searching.
It does two things:
- first gets rid of the pre and postpend of % around searches
  (we like it better this way. If you use prepend you'll kill any index)
- rewrites searches for ticket content by rewriting the query to use
  an Oracle content index. This could be enhenced for any CLOB
  column. Might do that myself or leave that to someone else.

Hope someone finds this useful,

Joop

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>