[rt-users] Web access - self service only

Darrell Burkey president at case.org.au
Tue Aug 23 00:40:57 EDT 2005

I've installed RT3 several times on both Linux and Solaris so I'm failry
familiar with it but I've run in to a problem that is giving me grief.

Running
RT 3.4.3
MySQL 4.1.6
php4.4.0 as apache module
Apache 1.3.33
Perl 5.8.6 on system
Solaris 8 on Sun V120

Have installed serveral times and although all scripts run succesfully,
when I log in to the web interface with the root user I get the self
service page rather than the normal root user page with admin rights.

I entered another user manually in to the database and had the same problem.

I've compared all the data in the database to a working setup and can't
see any differences at all. I'm really stumped on this one and would
appreciate some help if anyone has seen this before.

Thanks.