[rt-users] Add a new CustomField Type?

Kaare Rasmussen kar at webline.dk
Tue Aug 23 09:01:38 EDT 2005

Is it easy to add a new CustomField Type?
I'd like to add a custom date field, but the closest I can get with standard
RT seems to be a "Enter one value" which translates to text only.

Steps includes
 - Add a new entry "Enter one date value" to $CustomFieldObj->TypeComposite.
How is this done?
 - Add a new Elements/EditCustomFieldDate. How do I add all functionality for
a date field? RT can handle smart values like 'now'.
 - What else?

Is it a completely wrong way to get date validation for a custom type?