[rt-users] RT and customer relations

Graham Briggs graham at historicalengineering.com
Tue Aug 23 07:54:51 EDT 2005

On 22 Aug 2005, at 20:36, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> All that being said, the community thrives because people choose to
> share their work and I'd strongly encourage you to publish your
> changes
> and extensions to RT.

I've made internal modifications to RT 3.4.2 to not use a table-based
layout, but instead use a CSS based layout. It isn't XHTML 1.0 Strict
compliant or anything, but it does the job.

You can see a screenshot or two of what I've done at:

   http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lucysprite/RT/

The alterations weren't that many in the end, I've kept the general
look and feel. Of course I've added a couple of custom fields in the
above screenshot, with nice CSS backgrounds (the boss wanted coloured
backgrounds, I gave him coloured backgrounds).

Would people be interested in the modifications I've made (took two
days last week, from no prior experience with RT, the ability to
override is very useful, although I'm worried about upgrades to RT
being awkward)? If so, what is the best way to submit modifications?

Also any comments would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Graham