[rt-users] RT 3.4.2/3.4.3 Perl dependencies problem

Max btmanmeh at verizon.net
Tue Aug 23 15:57:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I successfully installed RT 3.4.2 several months ago on a CentOS 4
system. I used the RHEL4 install guide located on the Wiki to perfect
success with Postgresql. Since then, I've even upgraded to 3.4.3 with no
problems, installed RTFM, etc. I haven't had any issues with the working
box.

I'm attempting to duplicate a testserver setup using the same CentOS 4
server OS. I cannot get 3.4.2 or 3.4.3 to load properly using the exact
same system. I've tried with Postgresql and Mysql to no avail. I've
duplicated all installed packages as the working machine, followed the
exact same steps on the wiki, etc.

By using the perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies setup, Perl keeps going only
so far as to stop at the end with the following missing packages:

[root at testserver rt-3.4.3]# perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies
--with-postgresql --with-fastcgi --verbose | grep MISSING
         DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.26...MISSING
         WWW::Mechanize ...MISSING
         Test::WWW::Mechanize ...MISSING

These absolutely will not install without a force. I went back to my
working machine and was able to locate around 75 Perl packages that I
have installed, that have newer versions available. So, when I'm
attempting to load it now, it's dragging down the latest versions. I'm
wondering if something with the Perl dependencies has changed, or if
anyone else has experienced anything similar?

Thanks,
Max