[rt-users] Changes to allow selecting a requestor from drop down list

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 23 17:21:46 EDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 11:50:53AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:52:33PM -0500, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
> >    I  just put on the wiki a set of changes to allow call center folks to
> >    chose  a  requestor  from  a drop down list when creating a ticket, as
> >    opposed to typing in the email address.  It's at the URL below in case
> >    someone else can use it.
> >
> >    http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SelectRequestor
>
> Oh, yum.  :-)
>
> We're a contract house; this is exactly what I needed.  I want to pull
> it from a client list file, but I'm sure I can figure out a way to get
> there from your script.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Any chance that will go mainline, Jesse?

Not a chance:

" It uses javascript, so your browser must have that enabled. The page
" that gets built ends up having every user in your database, so this may
" not work well for you if you have thousands of users.

I'd be quite curious to see a version that uses livesearch to 1) not
break the experience for users without javascript and 2) doesn't build a
list of every user in the system for every page with a select requestor
widget.

We _do_ have a create ticket variant with user search built in that
we'll mainline when we get a chance.