[rt-users] Changes to allow selecting a requestor from drop down list

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Aug 23 18:57:20 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:21:46PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > >    http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SelectRequestor
> >
> > Oh, yum.  :-)
> >
> > We're a contract house; this is exactly what I needed.  I want to pull
> > it from a client list file, but I'm sure I can figure out a way to get
> > there from your script.
> >
> > Any chance that will go mainline, Jesse?
>
> Not a chance:
> " It uses javascript, so your browser must have that enabled. The page
> " that gets built ends up having every user in your database, so this may
> " not work well for you if you have thousands of users.
>
> I'd be quite curious to see a version that uses livesearch to 1) not
> break the experience for users without javascript and 2) doesn't build a
> list of every user in the system for every page with a select requestor
> widget.

By livesearch, are you referring to some implementation of AJAX?

No, I guess AJAX requires JS as well.

> We _do_ have a create ticket variant with user search built in that
> we'll mainline when we get a chance.

It's not the search that I need (and that I think someone else said
they needed as well): it's *grouping*.  I want the ticket to belong to
"Branch office 20", no matter which of that branch's people sent it in.

How hard is it to get from here to there?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!