[rt-users] RT and customer relations

Florent Manens fmanens at starxpert.fr
Wed Aug 24 06:24:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 05:26:21PM +0200, Stephan Uhlmann wrote:
[...]
> 1) For convenience we have one queue for each customer. Now if I let
> unpriviledged users see the queues they see all our other customers, too.

We were using the same solutions here, now we use queue for products.

> 2) Very often we have many different people on the customer side reporting and
> dealing with the tickets. So different users need access to the same tickets.
> Thus a solution like "let unprivileged users only access own tickets" is not
> feasible.

Our customer are now privileged.

> My solution now would be to create one group for each customer, putting all
> users working for that customer into that group and letting only this group
> access the specific customer queue. Ideally customer users, groups an queues
> could be generated/synchronized from an existing CRM database.
> Now what I would like to know is, is that a good way to do it? How are other
> people dealing with these problems?

Like we create a group for each customer. We put rights on tickets to
requestor and to Cc. The trick is that we put (automagically :) ) the
customer group as Cc for each ticket of the customer. Each member of the
group have the right to manipulate (or only see) the ticket.

Each customer will only see his tickets, eac user of the customer group
will see all customer tickets.

I am interested in other answers to this problem too !

Regards,

--
Florent Manens
http://www.starxpert.fr