[rt-users] Re: [Rtfm-devel] Re: RT 3.4.4 + RTFM 2.0.4

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 24 18:08:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:52:23PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:58:39AM -0700, Robert Bell wrote:
> > No one has any clue on this?? Why is there such poor documentation on
> > RTFM and RTIM??
>
> I suspect you're running into one of the issues with Mason 1.30 or 1.31.
> I'd recommend backing down to 1.28. Also, give RTFM 2.1.x a shot.

I have a thought that's been rumbling around in my head that it would
be a good idea to collect best-practice ideas and tools for building
software systems based on other people's components.  Clearly, the
leverage you gain from using OPC has some very *specific* pinch points,
and I seem to notice different ones on different projects.

Since you're *doing* that already, you seem a good person of whom to
inquire: is anyone already *digging* at the spot marked X?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!