[rt-users] FC4, RT 3.4.1, Apache 2.0.54 config - how to remove trailing '/rt/'

Ronald Nissley ronn at emm.org
Wed Aug 24 18:06:11 EDT 2005

Anyone know of an easy way to modify the instructions found at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide so that I can
simply use http://rt.mydomain.org <http://rt.mydomain.org/>  instead of
http://realhostname.mydomain.org/rt/ to access request tracker?
Actually, http://rt.mydomain.org/rt/ works too, but I'd like to get rid
of that trailing '/rt/' if possible. I've doodled with RT_SiteConfig and
httpd.conf, but I don't seem to have it right. I keep getting the
"You're almost there! You haven't yet configured your webserver to run
RT. You appear to have installed RT's web interface correctly, but
haven't yet configured your web server to 'run' the RT server which
powers the web interface" when I try accessing RT via
http://rt.mydomain.org <http://rt.mydomain.org/> .

I'm guessing it's a combination of changing $WebPath and/or $WebBaseURL
(in RT_SiteConfig) and/or the ScriptAlias line (in httpd.conf), but then
again, I don't know.

Thank you in advance,

Ronald Nissley