[rt-users] FC4, RT 3.4.1, Apache 2.0.54 config - how to remove trailing '/rt/'

Ronald Nissley ronn at emm.org
Fri Aug 26 10:19:39 EDT 2005

can simply >> use http://rt.mydomain.org instead of
http://realhostname.mydomain.org/rt/ to
>> access request tracker? Actually, http://rt.mydomain.org/rt/ works
too, but I'd >> like to get rid of that trailing '/rt/' if possible.
I've doodled with RT_SiteConfig
>> and httpd.conf, but I don't seem to have it right. I keep getting the
"You're
>> almost there! You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT.
You appear >> to have installed RT's web interface correctly, but
haven't yet configured your >> web server to 'run' the RT server which
powers the web interface" when I try >> accessing RT via
http://rt.mydomain.org.

>> 	I'm guessing it's a combination of changing $WebPath and/or
$WebBaseURL
>> (in RT_SiteConfig) and/or the ScriptAlias line (in httpd.conf), but
then again, I
>> don't know.
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> 	Ronald Nissley

> Ronald,
>
> Its a combination of both ScriptAlias in httpd.conf, and WebPath in
RT_SiteConfig:

>     ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>
>     Set($WebPath , "");
>

> Best,
> -WcH

This is what I'd tried before; no, it didn't work this time either. I
keep getting the same message. And yes, I did restart Apache (httpd)
after making the changes.

Regards,

Ronald Nissley