[rt-users] RT 3.0.1 to 3.latest user and mysql db import possible?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Aug 27 15:16:25 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 00:57, Frank Saxton wrote:

> I have been very happily running RT 3.0.1 on a Redhat 7.3 server for
> several years.  I plan to keep this machine in service as long as possible
> but am starting to think about what to do when the hardware finally dies.
>
> I'm planning on building a new Redhat ES 4.0 server and building the latest
> RT code onto it.  My question is:
>
> I would very much like to be able to import/migrate all of the current RT
> user account info and trouble ticket databases from my existing system to
> the new one.

You should be able to 'mysqldump --opt rt3 >rt301.sql' on the old
system, copy the file over and 'mysqladmin create rt3; mysql <rt301.sql'
on the new one to get the database copy, then follow the instructions
in the current rt README about upgrading the database from earlier
versions.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com