[rt-users] customizing RT interface

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Mon Aug 29 08:44:23 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:33:05 +0100, Graham Briggs wrote:
> Yes, of course I was including the fact that there was a local/html
> folder for your own HTML code that effectively overrides the HTML
> code in share/html in that statement! Of course, if you want to
> modify certain components, you need to override the Perl code that
> generates them.

... for which again code in local/lib overrides share/lib.

> Sorry, I should have been more concise and stated that I meant that
> you could both override the Perl and HTML aspects of RT, and that it
> is quite easy if you read the online documentation and can program
> Perl and HTML.

The confusion stems from the fact, that there is also a mechanism called
"Callbacks", where you can place mason templates in
html/Callbacks/<package>/<something> and it will be inserted where the main
component calls <& Elements/Callback ... &>, but this never overrides
anything.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>