[rt-users] One article under multiple topics RTFM 2.1-TESTING

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 29 12:21:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 10:01 -0700, Scott Frisbie wrote:
> I'm currently running RT 3.4.3 with RTFM 2.1-TESTING (revision 3719).
> I'm really enjoying the way I can organize the articles under topics and
> subtopics. I was wondering if there was any way to have multiple ways to
> get to the same article? That is, one article that may overlap a couple
> of different topics would show up under the trees of both topics. I
> could display the tree under topicA and find the article, but also be
> able to find it in the tree under topicD. Right now, it seems like if I
> want to have it show up under both trees, I need to put multiple copies
> of the article into the system.

The selection box for a topic is a SELECT MULTIPLE entry, so you should
be able to select multiple topics by control-clicking on multiple topics
in the select widget.  It's also possible to allow for cross-class topic
selection with a little local customization -- the code already supports
it, just the option is off by default.
 - Alex