[rt-users] Searching for users with a specific CF

Bjørn Skovlund Rydén bjorn at 247ms.com
Wed Aug 31 07:40:41 EDT 2005

Hi!

We have a bunch of customers who report to our RT, in order to give them a clean interface, I have decided to leave them unprivileged with 1 specific account for each customer. But they have different people reporting errors to our RT via e-mail, so I gave everyone the access to create tickets. Now the customers wants to use their 1 login to see all cases they have sent.

So I was thinking I could make a CF with a domain-string, like blabla.com. Then when a ticket is created I have a scrip that takes the requestors e-mail domain and searches for the user with this string in their CF and add them as reuqestor too. That way they would be able to see all the tickets created from their users.

But I can't figure out how to search for a user with a specific CF match. Can anyone help, please? :)

Cheers,

Bjørn Skovlund Rydén
System- and Networkadministration
24-7 MusicShop