[rt-users] RT 3.0.1 to 3.latest user and mysql db import possible?

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Wed Aug 31 23:02:49 EDT 2005

Am I going to run into trouble here?  I have this file (RT_SiteConfig.pm)
set pretty much to the defaults, per the example file,  I set the
mysaqladmin password because that's what the instructions said to do :(

The README instructions for upgrading old databases seems to relate to
upgrading an existing RT install, not importing an old database to use in a
new install.  /etc/upgrade on the new machine is empty...

I presume I should skip the make initialize-database step, yes?

README sez:

(You will definitely need to set RT's database password in
/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm before continuing. Not doing so could be
very dangerous.  Note that you do not have to manually add a
database user or set up a database for RT.  These actions will be
taken care of in the next step.)

After that, you need to initialize RT's database by running
  'make initialize-database'
[root at frankie rt-3.4.4]#