[rt-users] configuring mail gateway Mac OS X

Derek Cunningham derek at curis.com
Thu Dec 1 16:46:44 EST 2005

Hi list,

I've got a brand new installation of RT 3.4.4 mostly running on Mac
OS X 10.4.3.  The last thing is getting emails in and out.  I added
the aliases as recommended in the manual installation wiki pages to /
etc/aliases (/postfix/aliases) and I ran the 'newaliases' command and
restarted the computer.  When I run the command "echo 'hello' | mail -
s "Test subject" rt" as root from the command line I get a command
prompt back right away, no error message, but also no new ticket in
RT (what I'm assuming was supposed to happen).  What did I miss?  Is
there something to enable in each queue?  I only have two queues in
the system right now, General and helpdesk.  I was expecting the Test
Subject message to create a new ticket in the General queue based on
the alias and the test command.

I also haven't seen any instructions to set up outgoing mail.  I
assume that _somewhere_ I need to tell my RT machine the name of my
real email server...

Sorry for the newbie questions and thanks again for any help, this
list is great!

-Derek Cunningham

P.S. the Manual Installation page on the wiki makes many references
to "Chapter 4: Adminning RT", but my RT Essentials book chapter 4 is
Command Line Interface, and I don't see any links to "Adminning RT"
anywhere.  Sorry if this info doesn't belong here, I'm new to wikis.