[rt-users] What's the best Linux Distro?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Dec 2 14:48:18 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 12:25, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:32:52AM -0600, Mahoney, Tim wrote:
> > I am running RT 3.0.12 built for Windows, and want to build a new server
> > with Linux as the OS.  Which distro would be the best for this?  I'm
> > planning on running 3.4.4, and want a clear upgrade path to 3.5.x when it's
> > ready.
>
> http://www.distrowatch.com

You aren't likely to find any agreement on this, but I like the
Centos4 distribution: http://www.centos.org/ which is rebuilt from
the RedHat Enterprise source rpms so it can be redistributed freely.
It is very stable without being too far out of date and updates have
been released very quickly after being available in RHEL.  You can
use the instructions on the wiki for installation on RHEL with fastcgi.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com