[rt-users] RTFM 2.2.0RC1

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Sat Dec 3 17:24:40 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate of RTFM 2.2.0.
>
>2.2.0 is a significant overhaul to RTFM that cuts out about 50% of the
>application's code and adds new features, increased stability and more
>flexibility.  (Basically, we took out all the bits where RT and RTFM did
>similar things and made RTFM just use RT's bits.)
>
>You likely need RT 3.4.3 or newer to make use of RTFM 2.2.
>
>Please download this version from
>
>http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/RTFM-2.2.0RC1.tar.gz
>(http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/RTFM-2.2.0RC1.tar.gz.sig)
>
>and tell us how it goes.
>
>I'm hoping for a 2.2.0 release sometime before Christmas.

Typical, just after I installed 2.0.4 :-/

Anyhow something you might want to consider....

'make' seems to install half the necessary, whereas 'make install' (as
documented) seems to install the rest.  Might be worth noting in the
doco that 'make' will install a non working version.

Also the RTFM installation really had provlems - lots of 'Unable to load
errors X from DBIx::Searchbuilder....' errors... upgrading all the perl
modules fixed it and now it works fine...

/ Mat