[rt-users] Scrips firing at will - huh?

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Tue Dec 6 14:37:28 EST 2005

Ken Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov> writes:

>     Sounds to like since the code fired off the script notice first
> (also sounds like it assumes anyone who does a reply to an unowned
> ticket just volunteered to be the owner - quite an assumption)

Yes, that's our policy. And, coincidentally, this removes the need to
go to the web interface to take the ticket, and lets you stay in your
cozy mail reader. Works nicely for us.

> , based
> on the clicking of the reply button, it's too late to take it back.
> It's gone, like a missle that has a pre-assigned destination and
> nothings gonna stop it ("it's too late, baby, it's just too late" - a
> la Carol King). Unless you change the sequence of the perl code (and
> for that matter find a way to remove the assumption) you're stuck. We
> like to keep the code as "untouched" as we can and just handle the
> problems like yours by doing what the doctor does (he says, "Then
> Don't do that").  Sorry for the, perhaps, ill-timed humor, but with
> freeware, you get what you get.

I'm afraid I don't understand this paragraph. Perhaps you
misunderstood me; the strange thing is that a scrip fires at all when
you just click the "reply" link - that shouldn't create a transaction.
But Stephen's explanation seems to cover it.

--
Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert