[rt-users] RTFM 2.2.0RC1

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Tue Dec 6 23:25:25 EST 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>'make' seems to install half the necessary, whereas 'make install' (as
>>documented) seems to install the rest.  Might be worth noting in the
>>doco that 'make' will install a non working version.
>>

>Where did we suggest you type "make" and what files did "make" install?
>The docs tell you to
>
>	perl Makefile.PL
>	make install
>	make initdb

FreeBSD ports... usual practice is

cd /usr/port/*/<portname>
make
make install

Having install RT that way and coming back to RTFM 2.0.4 I looked in the
README and it says just 'make install' however by force of habit I typed
'make' and noticed that it called install, so figured that it is just a
shortcut ... big mistake...  All I am saying, it might be worth
mentioning that 'make' will not install/do everything needed for a first
time install.

>>Also the RTFM installation really had provlems - lots of 'Unable to load
>>errors X from DBIx::Searchbuilder....' errors... upgrading all the perl
>>modules fixed it and now it works fine...
>>

>Do you have a log of them? That would really help in tracking this down.

No but all the errors we unable to AUTOLOAD errors.'cannot find module'
etc...

Regards,

Mat