[rt-users] Problem with migrating rt-2.0.15 to rt-3.0.x

DongInn Kim dikim at osl.iu.edu
Fri Dec 9 17:59:37 EST 2005

Hi lists,

I am planning to migrate rt-2.0.15 to rt-3.0.x and then to move rt-3.0.x
to rt-3.4.4 or 3.5.x but
I have a problem with restoring the dumpfile of rt-2.0.15 to rt-3.0.x.
There was no problem with dumping rt-2.0.15 to my dumpfile.
(rt-2.0-to-dumpfile DUMP_DIR).
When the dumpfile is restored, it does not seem to have a real error but
I got the two errors or warnings (?)
in the middle of proceeding "dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 DUMP_DIR".
The errors / warnings are
Unknown encoding 'x-unknown' at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 689

The above message showed up twice while I was retoring the dumpfile to
the rt-3.0.x database.

After dumpfile-to-rt-3.0, I opened up my rt-3.0.x on the web browser and
it looked OK until I login.
Once I login, some tickets that I have got on rt-2.0.15 are missing and
any links are broken.
It shows some raw messages which look not fully interpreted.

I have checked the various mails on both devel and users lists to
resolve my problem but I could not
find any proper answers. I appreciate any help of my problem in advance.

Regards,

-- DongInn