[rt-users] "What Patch is this?" Question re Subject:Queuename in Ticket ID?

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Mon Dec 12 19:22:27 EST 2005

Hey all,
    I've got a dumb question here (well I feel Stupid ;) ).

    Ages ago when playing with some RT perl patches, I installed among
other things RTx::Foundry along with Shredder etc etc. I've since
stripped out Foundry and RTIR and other ones, but I never rebuilt the
box that I now run 'Production' RT on (3.5.5 cause I live on the edge...).

    Anyway, one of the side effects I picked up from I *think*
RTx::Foundry was that now my outgoing E-Mails get stamped with the
Ticket SubjectRegex of [ $RT_Name:$QueueName # XXXX ] ... for example [
ISP:Domains # XXXX ] .

    Its a neat little patch that I've since exploited to allow me to
have 'virtual' ISP's hosted under my RT system with the appearance that
its entirely their own. The down side is, when I upgraded RT, I broke
something with the patch. My outbound e-mails still get constructed this
same way, but my Incoming e-mails are of course not matching the
SubjectRegex as they should.

    Whats the 'incoming' side to patch to get it to parse this tag
properly? I tried just using the SubjectRegex setting in
RT_SiteConfig.pm, but this doesn't seem to have the desired effect -
replies still come in and recreate new tickets.

    Alternatively, does anyone know what specific part of Foundry or
what not that this little 'feature' comes from ? I wouldn't mind
re-implementing it properly, but without having to reinstall all of
foundry etc :)

Thanks guys!

--
Adrian Carter
Technical Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au