[rt-users] Retrieving values in a db table from within scrips

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Tue Dec 13 10:00:11 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:54:25AM +0000, Stewart Tranter wrote:
> Todd Chapman wrote:
> >An easy way to store and retrieve misc values associated with
> >any object in RT.
> >
> >perldoc /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Attributes_Overlay.pm
> >perldoc /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Attribute_Overlay.pm
>
> Hmm, this *may* be what we're looking for.  Can you shed some more light
> on their usage, i.e. how I call the various methods to upload our data,
> via a Perl script or the RT command line?
>
> Also, are there pre-defined values needed for ContentType and ObjectType?
>
> How would I call these things within a scrip?

See also these methods:

RT::Record::Attributes
RT::Record::AddAttribute
RT::Record::SetAttribute
RT::Record::DeleteAttribute
RT::Record::FirstAttribute

Because each RT::Queue ISA RT::Record, these methods can
be used on a Queue to store and fetch attributes with any
name you like to give them.

-Todd