[rt-users] Timestamps when logging to a file

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Tue Dec 13 22:14:34 EST 2005

Hello!

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 16:26, Mike Friedman wrote:
> I believe I've figured out what my problem was.  It's really quite simple,
> now that I know what it is (!)

It always is, isn't it? ;]

> In order for my own scripts to pick up modules (i.e., RT.pm) from
> local/lib, I need to include that library explicitly in my perl code.
> Presumably, RT itself already does this, so it knows to honor overrides in
> local/lib.

Sorta. I should have realized that you were using a whole copy of RT.pm
rather than putting only the function you need to override into
local/lib/RT_Local.pm, which is included by lib/RT.pm (using a require
statement at the end) and which will then cause your version of the
function to prevail.

I just kinda assumed that you knew the whole *_Local.pm trick (which
works for pretty much every major perl module in RT) ... but since I
only learned it in the last three months, though, you'd think I'd
remember to mention it.

Cheers!

--j
--