[rt-users] automatically set due date and priority based on custom field

Eric Horne eric.horne at teradyne.com
Fri Dec 16 14:51:55 EST 2005

I've set the due date based on a due date embedded into the request. If
the user says "DateDue: Feb 28, 2006 2:00" it'll set the duedate to that
specified date.

It's not exactly what you are asking for, but maybe it helps get you
started. I think there is some date manipulation you can perform within
WebRT via the RT::Date class.

-eric

Condition: On Create
Template: Blank
Action:

my $AttachObj = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
# go out if content is not text!
unless( $AttachObj->ContentType =~ /^text/ ) {
      return 1;
}

my $content = $AttachObj->Content;

if ($content =~ m/^\QDate-Due:\E\s*([-0-9\:\s]+[0-9])\s*$/m) {
       $self->TicketObj->_Set(Field => "Due", Value => $1);
}