[rt-users] customize rt for use in public library

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Dec 19 16:37:09 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:52:40PM -0500, Josh Kuperman wrote:
>    I  need  to  customize our interface so anyone can just create a login
>    (or  perhaps  with no logon) submit a problem. I would love to hear if
>    there  are  any other public libraries or similar situations. For that
>    matter  it  might even be nice if staff account creation was initiated
>    by  staff,  when  they  first used the system since some won't care or
>    would just want to mail it it like the public.

Well, remember that RT interfaces with email.  For your staff, and for
patrons who have email and, perhaps, are using your access to get to
it, they can merely send email to "helpdesk at your.domain.name" (or
whatever alias suits you).

For people who have no email at all, you could set up a web form that
prompted for the right stuff (including some other contact method), and
sent an email to RT.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"Space is called 'space' because there's so much *space* there."
		- John Walker, of Fourmilab, on Trek's End