[rt-users] RTx installer and package system??

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Tue Dec 20 09:46:40 EST 2005

> Ermm.  I think you mean RTx Statistics, not RTx Shredder, no?

Yes, I mean RTx Statistics

> Here's a link to a CPAN search for RTx, you'll see several things,
> including Module::Install::RTx which is the tool you use to build RTx
> installers...
>
> http://search.cpan.org/search?query=RTx&mode=all

I was asking about this reference to an "RTx Installer"

On Page:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RT3StatisticsPackage

"As of 12/5/2005 version 0.1.6 this package uses the RTx installer and
package system."

What is the RTx installer?

Does that mean its something that should be used to install all RTx*
pieces or is it something that people who write RTx should use to
facilitate the RTx software installs?

I read the line about the RTx installer and package system and thought
there was some non CPAN way that should be used to install RTx* things
and then when searching for any info about the "RTx Installer and
package system" I got very very little, so thus the root of my
confusion.

thanks