[rt-users] How to set priority from email header

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 21 11:20:36 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 08:44:21 -0500, Jason Bachman wrote:
> When a new ticket is opened via an email, I would like to: 1 - set the
> priority of the ticket based on the X-Priority: header of the email. 2 -
> Populate a custom field with the X-Priority: header field.
>
> I have not had much luck with searching the wiki on this one, and I am
> stumped as to how to read the email header.
> I also don't know much of anything about perl so if anyone has an
> example scrip that is close to this, or at least reads the email
> headers, I would appreciate a look at it.

I am not sure it is reasonably doable with a scrip. There are some extensions
to the mail gate (follow the University of Oslo RT Page link from the wiki
(on some page about customizations)) that could be tweaked to do what you
need. But it would certainly need some perl knowledge.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>