[rt-users] blank pages after statistics install

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Thu Dec 22 08:35:18 EST 2005

Rob,

and
> 3.4.1( installed on Debian Sarge)
> it started right after I installed the statistics package.
>
> How do I remove the statistics package?
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Rob

The philosophy of the Make Maker modules is that uninstall is unsafe, so
they don't product a working uninstall in the makefile.  It is supposed
to list out the files that you should remove by hand, unfortunately
there's a bug in one of those modules that means this fails when you
don't install to the prel site libs.  So, you should have a file
/opt/rt3/local/lib/RTx/Statistics/.packlist, which lists all the files
that were installed, remove them.

Also unfortunately, because of the same bug, if you do another install
that only installs some of the files, it overwrites the .packlist file.
In this case you can do a find from /opt/rt3 looking for directories
named Statistics and remove them. The list of directories should look
like:
[root at rtsupport rt3]# find . -name Statistics -print
./share/html/RTx/Statistics
./local/lib/auto/RTx/Statistics
./local/html/Callbacks/Statistics

-Kelly