[rt-users] Re: Creating a ticket externally

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed Feb 2 22:49:02 EST 2005

> What I have figured out is I don't want to add the data directly into
> the database. I want to use RT's API to create the ticket.

yup, don't talk sql. that way is only pain.

> So working from a remote machine, I assume I should be able to install
> the Perl modules associated with RT to do this?
>
> I hope I wouldn't have to do a full install of RT remotely.  Has
> anyone done anything like this, or could point to a bit of information
> on how to do this?  Any help would be appreciated.

If you wanted to use the api directly, I think you'd need a full RT
install, and then it'd talk to the remote db. It seems more sensible
to talk to the POST interface the mailgate uses, or the new atom one I
hear about. You could also just post values to the web form.

seph