[rt-users] Dumpfile-to-rt3

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Feb 3 11:35:28 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 09:19, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > I'm still trying to move our rt2.0.13 from an older system to rt3.4.0 on
> > a new system.
> >

> Try an import into RT 3.2 and upgrade from there?

This once again revives the need for an any->any export/import.  Is it
possible to define a canonical XML schema for user and ticket data
that could hold any version's contents?  Then it would be a matter
of using perl sql<->xml modules to do the grunge work of conversions
between RT versions and underlying database changes.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com