[rt-users] rt2_to_rt3 only exports userid numbers no user details?

Rick Mitchell rick.mitchell at allstream.com
Fri Feb 4 13:45:48 EST 2005

Hey Everyone,
     I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone out there can help me. I've
been through the Jan05/Feb05 archives and can't find anything on this issue.

The closest threads are:
Dumpfile-to-rt3  > My problem isn't ticket text going to rt3 it's dumping
users from rt2 (or more specifically my problem with anything going to RT3
is because of the problems dumping users from rt2)
RT2 to RT3 user import problems > Someone doing their own hackery to import
and got no replies (not in Jan when he posted anyway)

Maybe I just didn't find the right thread, so if my answer is already out
there please just point me in the right direction.

We have a 2.0.15 instance running, and a 3.4.0 installed. The dump script
from 2.0.15 does run and complete without errors however the import script
fails. Upon check the metadata file from the dump I see that the only user
information that was actually dumped was the numeric userids (see example
below). I think I'm using version 1.23 of the tool (the readme has the
following date at the bottom with your contact info: 24 Jan 2003). The
versions of the tool seem a little misleading/confusing based on copyright
dates etc there is a version 1.8 (or 1.9) in the devel downloads area but
it's dated older (2003) then 1.23 (2004). Am I just using the wrong version
of the tool?

This is what the user section of metadata looks like (only with a lot more
entries ;)   ) :

'User' => [
                      {
                        'id' => '1112'