[rt-users] upgrading from 3.2.2 -> 3.4.0 AND a new host

Amy Hornberger (Contractor) amy.hornberger at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Feb 7 09:45:09 EST 2005

I've been using RT 3.2.2 for about 4 months on a FedoraCore 2 box and
have recently realized that the hardware (500 Mhz Pentium, 256 MB RAM)
is not sufficient. I found another box (dual 1.2 Ghz cpus and 1 GB RAM)
and have installed RT 3.4.0 on Fedora Core 3. The install seemed to go
well. Now I'm ready to move the mysql database from old machine to new
machine. Is it as simple as export/import or can I simply drop the old
database file in place on the new machine?

Thanks for your help.

amy